The Rise Of Online Dating Culture In India
The game of online dating in India has gone a level up. With the increase in the number of internet users in India, online dating has become a trend in India. Young and old alike, people have started using online dating sites as social networks for finding love and getting into relationships.
Dating and relationship used to be a totally different ballgame in India in comparison to the Western and European nations. However, this scene has changed a little bit with the coming of the internet. A decade ago, there were hardly any cases of love marriage in India. Dating was an alien concept for the common Indian. People used to get married to strangers and eventually start a family. Love, if at all happened, happened after marriage.
Technology has brought a revolution in many aspects of an average Indian’s life. This is very much true in case of dating and relationship. The Bollywood industry, with its romantic films and soul soothing romantic music, had ingrained the idea of love and dating in the average Indian’s mind. So, when the internet gained its foothold in India, the average Indian got delighted and started exploring this new arena for matchmaking and relationship. This was the beginning of what was to become a multi-billion industry in this country.
What are the reasons for the popularity of online dating platforms in India?
- Increased reach of the internet – The world as we know today was not the same before the internet came. With the advent and growth of the internet in India, a lot of things changed in this country. One among these changes was the way people found their partners.
- Growth of social networking and online dating platforms – As the reach of the internet expanded, a lot of platforms came into existence which could be used to get connected to people. This was how social networks and online dating platforms came into formation.
- Busy lifestyle – People, in these modern times, are busier than ever before. Look around you. You will probably find people who are always in a rush. What does this mean? Well, this means that these people do not have the time to look for love or relationship. However, that doesn’t mean they don’t want to feel loved and get into a relationship. They just don’t want to commit the time needed to do so. This is where online dating sites come into the picture.
- Failure of other dating methods – While online dating has been in practice for a few years, there were and there still are other dating methods that people use to find a match. Sadly, these methods don’t always work and a lot of time gets wasted in the process. This is the reason people prefer online dating sites over other dating methods.
- More options – One of the things that make online dating more preferable is that you get to reach a lot of people at once. You can show your interest in multiple people through these platforms. Getting more reach means getting to find the person who is the most compatible with you.
A country where words like dating and love life where only fit for movies, is now going through a huge paradigm shift because of the endeavour of online dating sites. While dating and relationship are still considered taboo in many parts of India, online dating sites are helping in changing this perspective of people towards love and relationship.
In a country where people still take extreme steps like honour killing, a lot more has to be done to change this perspective of hatred towards love and dating. Love, dating and relationship is still an alien concept to many rural parts of the country. Young boys and girls fear falling in love or getting into relationships thinking about the consequences. Online dating can be the solution to this problem.
The growth of online dating in India is expected to accelerate in the future. With a lot more dating sites in the industry, picking out the right one may get intimidating. Well, if you are interested in a free dating site, Tender Indian could be the one for you. With a vast database of profiles, you are sure to find your perfect match here.